- Workbooks 1-5, 9 and 10 from the training course are designed to illustrate elements of Computational Thinking and harness Computer Science Pedagogy in unplugged activity in preparation for polygons, stars and making unique patterns with Scratch and Python
- The approach mimics the tracing action of the sprite/turtle of Scratch and Python – its awareness only of: its present position and its turning angle/direction.
- The emphasis is on learning by doing, experimentation, deduction from symmetry, decomposing, induction, generalising, abstraction
- You will be asked to devise your own questions to support and challenge your class in an enquiry-based learning exercises. The graded activities 0-5*contain example illustrations.
- the files will be available in PDF format and later in Word format. You are encouraged to edit the course for your pupils and your own style of teaching.
View or Download Workbooks from the Repositories.
When you do undertake programming, a reinforcement to these unplugged sessions can be found in the experimental programming session on the square and polygons in Workbooks 9,10.
Further Discussion, Hints and Solutions
to be continued…
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.