CAS/UCL Teacher Training Course:
Algorithms and Programming Module 1
A CAS/UCL Free Teacher Training Course in
Algorithms and Programming
Part 2: Transition to Scratch and Python Programming
Following on (or accompanying) Part 1, which is an attempt to scaffold programming at the screen, we have Workbook 6 which introduces knowledge and skills in the Scratch 2.0 programming language, focussing on the material and projects covered in Part 1 of the Course.
The rest of the Course in Part 2 can be completed using Scratch 2.0. For those who wish to progress to programming in Python 3, we recommend using Scratch 2.0 in Workbook 6 as a pseudocode to scaffold the transition to the text-based language Python 3.
More details in Workbook 7: Plugin to Python 3 which will be available in the coming weeks
At present Workbooks 7 and 8 Python and Coffeescript are being prepared.
Part 2 consists of the following workbooks which have been compressed into a single file for convenience of downloading. Individual Workbooks are listed and can be downloaded separately below.
- Workbook 6: Plug in to Scratch 2.0
- Workbook 7: Plug in to Python 3 (to be written)
- Workbook 8: Plug in to Coffeescript (to be written)
- Workbook 9: Action Geometry: Joining the Dots
- Workbook 10: Action Geometry: Square and Pentagon
- Workbook 11: Scratch – A Way to Logo and Python
- Workbook 12: Reach for the Stars
View and Download
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.